A key part of Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services (HCS), Meals on Wheels provides nutritious meals and a daily safety check to older adults in many communities in Cheshire County. HCS also offers “Friendly Meals” senior dining program for socialization along with the meal. In the past year, more than 100,000 nutritious meals were home delivered with another 7,000 meals provided by our “grab and go” program where meals were picked up by older adults.
The program is funded through the New Hampshire Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services and the generous support of local towns and participant contributions.
- Home delivered meals with service available to most towns in Cheshire County
- Friendly Meals dining in Keene and Jaffrey
- Multiple transportation options in Keene
- Visiting nurse and hospice services
- Supportive services such as foot care clinics and homemaker services
- Walk-in Wednesdays where older adults and family members can ask questions and be connected to social services
- Caregiver support groups
Our work is made possible by a caring and dedicated group of staff and volunteers who seek to help our clients live their best lives and remain independent as long as possible.
Cities & Towns Served
Ashuelot, Chesterfield, East Sullivan, East Swanzey, Fitzwilliam, Gilsum, Harrisville, Hinsdale, Jaffrey, Keene, Marlborough, North Swanzey, Richmond, Rindge, Roxbury, Spofford, Sullivan, Surry, Swanzey, Swanzey Center, Troy, West Chesterfield, West Swanzey, Westmoreland, Winchester
Zip Codes Served
03602, 03604, 03441, 03443, 03444, 03445, 03446, 03447, 03448, 03450, 03451, 03452, 03431, , 03435, 03455, 03456, 03457, 03470, 03461, 03462, 03608, 03466, 03467, 03469, 03470